KINDRED is a creative technology studio that builds compelling websites to help women grow their businesses.
We offer transparency, organization and collaboration at each step of the development process
Define project and budget
Outline tasks and deliverables
Collect copy and visual assets
Draft initial user experience
Develop and integrate solutions
Build, review and test
SEO, implement analytics
KINDRED works with women-owned businesses and female founders to build best practice digital solutions that are simple, clean, and easy to maintain.
KINDRED helps women succeed and not feel intimidated when managing the technology they need to grow their businesses.
KINDRED empowers women to ask questions and be a respected collaborator.
KINDRED understands that not everyone is good at everything. We let clients focus on what they do best by doing what we do best.
KINDRED creates unique customer experiences that enable women business owners to tell their story, their way.
Pam is a creative technologist with 25+ years experience in UX and UI design, story telling, digital strategy, development, and product management.
She has led large scale digital projects for companies like WIRED, NIKE, and Lucasfilm. Through KINDRED, Pam is focused on helping women bring their businesses to digital life.
Pam lives in Portland, OR with her husband Justin and giant dog Hooper.
She earned a B.A. in Journalism and History from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Senior Product Manager
• Directed end-to-end customer lifecycle for subscribers to hosted site provider MyYL.com.
• Expanded reach to 60 countries in 37 languages.
• Drafted user personas, UX flows, directed design of visual assets, UAT of final builds.
• Owned product road map, planned bi-weekly releases, wrote requirements, user stories.
• Analyzed traffic, sales, and reported on KPIs.
TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES MANAGER
• Resourced W+K's Technology Services team of front and backend engineers, UX designers and QA.
• Drafted project plans and estimates with W+K’s integrated production team.
• Liaised with W+K’s finance team, and managed time and revenue reporting, and built the department’s yearly budget.
• Managed design, production, scheduling, deadlines, and site structure for all Lucasfilm company web sites.
• Produced daily content for Star Wars web site including text, HTML and art production.
• Worked with marketing and licensing departments to develop strategy, budget and schedules for new web projects and for maintaining and updating existing sites.
SENIOR PRODUCER GDC UX TEAM
• Produced the relaunch of NIKE By You (NIKEiD), NIKE’s shoe customization service.
• Collaborated on initial concepts through final UX, UI and detailed specifications.
• Managed cross-functional team to produce initial UI concepts for NikePlus, Nike’s membership rewards program
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER /
• Managed Wired magazine’s online presence, collaborated with writers to create enhanced content including video features, interactive comics, games and maps.
• Steered large-scale initiatives for Wired.com, launched new content channels, integrated social media and community efforts.
• Managed old school HotWired Production Department of 12 managers and editors & guided HotWired from sporadic posting to a daily deadline intensive publishing schedule.
• Developed the editorial and production process from building an edit tree to developing daily schedules for all sites.
• Led new site development with engineering, copyedit and design staff.